SGG PLANITHERM ONE
U-value of 1.0 W/m.K finally reached!
SGG PLANITHERM is a range of high performance low-emissivity products, incorporating the very latest advancements in thermally insulating glass coating technology.
Renowned for its extremely neutral appearance, SGG PLANITHERM very effectively reflects long-wave heat radiation back into a room, thereby minimising heat loss through a window while also maximising solar heat gain and natural light transmission.
SGG PLANITHERM ONE is a product of the SGG PLANITHERM glass range.
It is a high performance low-E coated glass, to be processed into an insulating glass unit. It is made of clear float glass on which a thin transparent coating has been deposited by magnetron sputtering under vacuum. The coating exhibits the lowest emissivity (0.01) industrially accessible; it reflects the far infrared radiation thus limiting the heat transfer by radiation.
SGG PLANITHERM ONE, low-E coated glass, can be used in all insulating glass units, for new construction or refurbishment works:
- Windows in domestic buildings
- Windows and façades in non residential buildings
It can be incorporated in all types of frames.
Once assembled in a double-glazed unit, SGG PLANITHERM ONE offers the best thermal insulation for a DGU in the world.
• Money savings in all climates
• Great comfort level:
- No cold area around windows
- Maximal use of living areas
- Great reduction of condensation levels on the inner pane
• High light transmission
• Large architectural possibilities (very neutral appearance)
• Environmentally-friendly thanks to the CO2 emission reduction
• Safety function available thanks to the “to be tempered” version SGG PLANITHERM ONE II
• Monolithic glass
- Standard thickness: from 4mm to 10 mm
- Substrate: clear float SGG PLANILUX
- Size: split sizes and Jumbo size (6000mm x 3210mm)
- To be tempered version: SGG PLANITHERM ONE II. Once tempered, this glass has the same thermal performance and appearance as the annealed SGG PLANITHERM ONE.
• Laminated safety glass
- Numerous possibilities of compositions, including one or more PVB interlayer foils
- Acoustic laminated glass SGG STADIP SILENCE
DGU 6 + 12 + 6 mm with SGG PLANILUX
|Product||SGG PLANITHERM ONE|
External light reflectance
Internal light reflectance
|U-Value (EN 673) W/(m².K)|
|12 mm air||1.5|
|16 mm argon||1.0|
The most appropriate method for installing and assembling double-glazing depends on several factors, including: the size of the glass, exposure to external stresses and the type of frame or façade system.
The installation and fixing techniques that are used for the glass must conform to the recommendations of current national standards and regulations.
The positioning and fixing of the glass, the dimensions of channels and the permitted deflection for the frames for double glazed units are not specific to SGG PLANITHERM products.
The glass must be toughened if the glass unit is installed between 2 zones with a temperature difference exceeding certain critical values. Changes in glass temperature are influenced by a number of factors including: climatic conditions, height of the channels, shadows cast from a neighbouring building, the proximity of a heat source or the use of blackout blinds.
SGG PLANITHERM ONE should always be processed into an insulating glass unit. The coating along the edges is removed then placed inside the cavity, on face 2 or 3. It can be tempered (in the case of the post-temperable version) or laminated prior to its manufacture in IGU.
Please read our guidance for use of SGG PLANITHERM products.